The Collections Specialist is responsible for collections of outstanding payments due from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, such as resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency.
- Reviewing open accounts to identify overdue payments.
- Making outbound collection calls and emails in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Resolving client-billing problems and accounts receivable delinquency.
- Applying good customer service in a timely manner.
- Process customer payments in accordance with payment due dates.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Update account status records and collection efforts with management.
- Communication with customers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts.
Experience and Skills
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 2 years of corporate collections experience including interaction with a large customer base.
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and adapt to a fast-changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy.
- Creative, self-disciplined, and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency.
- Experience in a telecommunications environment is preferred but not required.
- QuickBooks experience is preferred but not required.
The position is working remotely from home, 5-8 hours a day, NY working time, Mon-Thursday
To apply email email@example.com